Birth of a Novel 12/13/12
What a good week! I feel like there were days that I accomplished a lot, and other where I didn’t. Life!
Don’t forget to check out the Giveaways tab up top. You can win one of Talia’s necklaces (for you or to give away), and now there’s a Goodreads Giveaway where you can win 1 of 2 signed copies of The Magic Wakes.
There’s also a new linky tool in the sidebar to sign up for this Birth of a Novel meme. We post on Thursday and it deals with any stage of the writing process that you may be in. Even if you don’t want to participate, please visit the other bloggers and encourage them to keep working on their goals. Thanks!
Last Week’s Goals:
1. I really need to come up with a birthday present for my hubby. And a really good Christmas present. (Still a big blank! I hope the new leather couch and loveseat will count for this since he picked them.)
2. Get back to the gym! Check! I did a mile and two classes on Monday and could barely walk on Tuesday. Did yoga on Wednesday, and plan on running today, water aerobics tomorrow.
3. Write 4 new scenes for Search for Knowledge: action scene with Landry, the new nightmare, the Code, and the ship. Um, Fail. But there’s a good reason, see below.
4. Pull out Fade Into Me and re-evaluate what needs to be done. It was actually in pretty good shape. In fact I had already rewritten the first 80 pages out of the 147 I had. I got this crazy idea that maybe I can finish the rewrite this month, get it to crit partners, and enter it in the ABNA at the end of January. Yeah, I know, but there isn’t anything to lose by trying.
5. Complete 4 of the Blog Tour draft posts. I now have 15/34 blog posts written with 10 drafts in the queue. 5 of the remaining 20 will be book reviews, and 6 will be author interviews so I’m not doing too bad. I also put together the tour package for those participating. I know those #s don’t add up, but some are combination posts.
This Week’s Goals:
1. Work really hard on Fade Into Me. I’d like to add another 10K. Current word count is 24,267
2. Finish another 5 tour posts.
3. Contact those who offered to do Author Interviews and see if they will send the questions (Thank you to those of you that already have!)