It’s been a long time since I posted my goals for the week and report on them. Tomorrow is the Flirting Blogfest, so I’m going to report today. Please return tomorrow to critique and follow linkage to the other participants.
- Last week I continued revising and made it past that pesky rough spot that had me stuck for about 2 weeks. Yay! It should probably be worked over at least one more time, but I’ll wait for critique feedback on it first.
- I rewrote Shishali’s dream sequence in Talia’s point of view. Which makes sense because Talia is the one who lives half of her life in nightmares. I like the new scene a lot better because I could get into the emotions easier. Talia is just my girl. Anyway, I am through 254 pages out of 291. See, I’m getting close!
- I worked on loglines. Here is the one I sent in with my contest submission:
“In a world where the people ignore the magic all around them in favor of science and technology, one woman must embrace her magical abilities to save her people from an invading alien force.”
I think I need another comma in there somewhere. After them maybe, or not? Oh, well.
This Week’s Goals:
- Continue revising.
- Cut my 6 page summary down to 3. Oh, wow this is going to be hard.
- Write up to 7500 words on my Hadassah short story for Lady Glamis’ contest. I’m running out of time and only have 2500 words. I do have the story outlined.
What I learned:
- Sometimes a nap is better than an hour of revisions.
- Write when I feel like it and when I don’t. The act of sitting at my computer with my hands on the keyboard WILL make something happen.
- When my friends ask me what my book is about, recite my logline and drop it. 🙂 Oooo, that is so hard!